In Europe, work to live is the lifestyle. They harness the family.
In the US, it's quite the opposite. People strive to do better for themselves in the hopes of doing better for family. So work becomes first priority.
I have three children now. I want more than anything to do better for my family but not at their expense. My children need me as much as I need them. There needs to be a better way so they are not impacted by my life.
Before this, I was very good at keeping work and personal life separate. No one knew at work about my personal life outside of me mentioning my children. They didn't know about my rockstar husband, my tattoos, or that outside of work, I'm pretty straightforward with what I say and less likely to befriend you. At work, I was helpful, a social nazi, upbeat, and a cheerleader. Separation of the two is what I really liked. But for whatever reason, I did not stay with this theme, and for this reason it has complicated matters.
It is up to me to learn what needs to be done. So I push forward to find the answers. --> NEED
No comments:
Post a Comment