I have tried to remind myself to blog about my day, and each day that passes by, I've forgotten to do so until today.
There has been tugs at my heart lately making me think of what I'm doing, who I'm impacting, and if I am making a difference in someone's life. Thoughts that made me think of what I want to do with my life. So I was reminded of my goals and it put me on a track but in doing so, I've tried to commit to memory the things I've taken for granted before.
The other day, I played a song in the car that I made my children listen to. It's one of my favorites. The last time Phyre and Phoenix heard it, they were 3 and 1 respectively. It would be remarkable if either one could remember this song but as it was playing, Phoenix said, mommy this song sounds like it was in a movie. He continued to say, It sounds like a bird, but it also sounds like someone died and went into the water. Mommy this song sounds like it could be for YaYa (Jimmy's father who passed away when he was one).
Phoenix was right, I put Yanni's nightingale on a photo montage that I made for the funeral. Could it be that he remembered? Phoenix and Yaya were inseparable and Yaya took care of him while I worked that entire first year since his birth.
It also reminded me of the things that are important in our life. Our family. And each day, I feel like we have to be reminded that our family should always come first until our children have their own families to tend to.
This memory was a special one. And I hope that I'm able to commit more moments like this to memory. Each day is a blessing when I can wake up with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment