Monday, November 26, 2012

reflection

I often think about previous events in my life to see where I can improve myself, things I do and say, and how I want to impact the people I see everyday, especially my family and friends. 

There is so much going on in my head that I want to write it all down but one of the things I have to learn to do is to focus on one task and see it to completion.

This is my attempt. 

I reflect on a special friendship I've had for a very long time. We had a great time being teenagers. So much of who that person was is gone now. For the both of us. We accomplished so much over the years, developed our abilities and progressed in areas while other areas weakened. I know much of how I communicate with people actually became less forward to people, more considerate, and I became more grateful for the present. 

My observation of my dear friend, she was wild, carefree, spontaneous and fun. She was the opposite of me and I loved it. Without her, I probably would still be living in a shell. She brought me out to see the world in a new light. As we grew older and wiser, I watched her lose her wild, carefree, fun self and change into a loving, caring yet complacent person - almost afraid. Afraid to remember the person she was, afraid to change her comfort level, afraid she might not be good enough. 

I know what she's capable of. I know she can tackle the world on her shoulders if she just tried. And if she let go of the shackles, she'd see it too. 

I would give the last drops of water to watch you survive. 
Just give me the word and I will be there for you.

1 comment:

  1. People do change and usually its based on the experiences they've had in life. As simple as that sounds it's what I remind myself daily when my own friendships have changed. It reminds me that not all things stay the same and I can either accept the evolution or stay stuck in disappointment.

    ReplyDelete