You know that excitement you get when Halloween comes? The excitement that the holidays are upon us. I missed the excitement because my mind was on Maika Lee and other things. I found the excitement, officially, yesterday. My entire family joined the festivities outdoors to partake in putting up the lights on our house. It's the first time we put lights up on our own house. We stayed outside and drew on the sidewalk. The kids were covered in chalk but they were so happy drawing and playing.
The Christmas tree is up and last night we hung the stocking over the office door and put up cool lights in the kids room that flash different colors. Then I spent all night buying gifts for all the special people in my life - online of course.
I don't have Maika Lee this year. I looked at the stocking I made her last year where I spelled her name incorrectly. Made me laugh for a moment then I was sad. I almost tucked her stocking behind mine just so I'd have her with me this Christmas. This Christmas will be a little different. She's not going to be sitting in our family pictures during Christmas but I have another person to fill the spot - Brine. It was kind of cute the other day while having Thanksgiving Dinner, Phyre was explaining to another child that Brine was her adoptive brother. LOL. I love that my girl is so welcoming. I guess I prepared her for an adoption early on for her to think of Brine as her brother. It's lovely really.
So as I sit here writing to you, I tell you that our house is a home. It may be small and we may not have fancy things but we have a whole lot of love and happiness. Where ever you are, make your "house" a home. Bring happiness and love into your home and bask in it like a happy dog rolling in the grass on a sunny afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment