Thursday, July 14, 2011

Moments

I'm a mother of three. I have a loyal pup and a wonderful husband. I don't work, yet. But my job at home is nonstop and sometimes grueling. I wake up to the needs of my children, I maintain throughout the day, I stay up with my children until one by one they doze off. On a good day I'll get six straight hours of undisturbed sleep. But those days are few and far between. Without sleep your body doesn't recover, rest and your patience wears thin very quickly. There are moments in my frustration that I can't help but show how little patience I have left that comes off as being rude. The truth is, I haven't stopped to rest or break from the everyday task of caring for my children, the house, and the family. I don't expect anyone to understand that unless you've walked the walk. I don't even ask for help or support. I know my duty to my children. But I feel like the man on the ground being kicked when I'm not given the respect that any human deserves that has broken down my spirit because one can't look past themselves. I've adjusted myself and I can see the adjustment in others. Too bad it's not in favor for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment