If you think about a moment that hurt you the most, you may recall a break up or something in your childhood.
I've been fortunate to turn all of my moments of hurt into lessons. I don't think of it as hurt but as an opportunity to change. Some people can't do that and even worse, those that hurt don't see their actions as being wrong.
There is nothing in my past that I would change because everything that happened made me who I am today and my ability to adjust is speedy thanks to my past.
But I see things now and have seen things in the past that make me sad. Sad to know that others go through needless hurt and sad to know that the "hurter" is oblivious.
I once decided without question, that I would take on a responsibility. We had other responsibilities but it felt right to do so. We were both financially okay and could afford to do so. Most importantly it provided a stable environment where there was none before. When the circumstances changed, I had to give up that responsibility and others because there was no other way. The Hurt was knowing that no one wanted to take on the responsibility including the one who created it. Moreso, The Hurt wanted to make me feel bad for my decision. But I didn't. I only felt bad that The Hurt only saw one way and that no one would accept their responsibility. Years later, The Hurt only got worse and the responsibility weakened. Abuse comes in all forms. You don't have to be physical with someone to be abusive. You're words and your actions can be considered abuse and The Hurt fits into this category.
I used to hope that The Hurt would change, see the good instead of the bad or even see that sometimes there are wrongs. I'd say it's okay to be wrong sometimes so long as you can learn from the wrong but that would not be the case. Since then, I've lost hope in change and instead decided that all I could do, is control myself and not worry about trying to change others. But I still believe in good and helping others especially those that can't help themselves.
At some point, we all recognize our greatest triumphs, tragedies, wrongs and right. I hope the day comes sooner then later before all is lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment