Two years ago, I was laid off my job. I had Phantom so it worked out okay because it allowed me to be home with him. I wouldn't trade this time for the world but also never stopped looking for employment. So I did what any one would do in this situation, I finished my degree.
I was already enrolled in Baker College while I was employed but taking only one class. The time allowed me to take more than one while at home with our kids. It went by fast and before I knew it, I was done - Bachelors in Business Administration - Human Resources Management. Those of you that know me, know that I was already a practicing HR professional, something I pride myself in doing just by being at the right place at the right time. Now I had experience and an education to put me in the job market. Or so I thought.
I know how difficult it is to be one of hundreds of resumes overwhelming recruiter's and manager's email boxes. I know I'm going up against qualified candidates like myself. I won't argue to anyone that their jobs as recruiting professional has been increasingly difficult with the current economy and the amount of people unemployed. But that does not make me feel any better about myself when I know my abilities and remain unemployed.
Some question my desire to go back to work because of how needy our son is. Some believe that we are lucky to have what we have and have the happiness in our home that most people dream of having. I've kept myself busy doing just about everything but most of what I've done, I've done for FREE. Our household needs to have more financial stability and I continue to be discouraged week after week with no interviews.
So I vent. I vent to you and to all who are in the same situation and the recruiters who continue to look over our resumes. Some people may not have the job title you are looking for but are still very capable of doing the job you're recruiting for, all we ask is that you give us a chance.
Please and Thank you
hey ramona what type of job are you looking for i think my friend might have an opportunity at their workplace near ucf
ReplyDeleteI can really do just about anything administrative, clerical with my most recent experience being Human Resources.
ReplyDelete