Friday, November 26, 2010

My Husband

I don't usually refer to him as 'My husband' but for today, Jimmy Kwong IS my husband. My husband has a sense of ownership or possessiveness. I do not own Jimmy Kwong nor do I possess him. He is my partner for life.

We are both very independent people not needing each others approval or constant companionship but wanting it. We are open to our space and cherish our closeness. We have trust unlike any other and value each others strengths and differences.


 It took a little time before we got to this place but it was an investment of time that proved worthy. We don't have moments of jealousy because in our trust, we find nothing that can tempt us away from our partnership and everything we've built.  I had a dream one day and woke up telling Jimmy that he told me, in my dream, that he had feelings for a girl named Kim... It was funny to both of us but even more funny because afterwards Jimmy said he didn't like the name Kim and in so many words said he would immediately get rid of her if he ever came across a girl named Kim, then ironically said " watch that my manager's name is Kim". And even though my dream was just that, a dream - we are free in our relationship to talk about things that most couples may fuss over and poke fun at ourselves. We feel comfortable with our relationship that innocent flirting with others is in abundance. Those that know us know that about us, and those that meet us quickly find that out. In Jimmy's line of work, girls are always around him and I have always had more guy friends then gal friends. We never second guess our commitment to each other.


We don't hold in the petty stuff - like pretending that each other is supposed to know how the other feels without word. How can either one of us assume how the other feels if we don't talk about it. In our busy lives, which seems separate sometimes, we find ourselves craving for each other but the way we do is very different. He is content with a time behind closed doors, watching a movie on the couch together, or catching up on our favorite episodes. I happen to like more individual attention away from home and away from our children. When we find the time to satisfy my craving, we make it perfectly clear to each other that the time is for us and when we don't mind others to join in on our nights out, we make sure there is approval on both ends. In the end, I find myself more thankful of our relationship and my husband. He has taught me many things, experienced so much, created a family that people dream about and I owe that, in part to, my husband ~ Jimmy Kwong. I love you.





3 comments:

  1. This was nicely put Ramona! "Til death do you part"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! you did a great job with this! I LOVE IT! Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete