I feel more emotion than the average person. I am an over exaggeration of emotions and I'm not talking a crying mess, I'm talking happiness, anger, fright, you name it, multiple by 10 and thats how I react and feel. On the extreme side of things, I jump easily when things happy all of a sudden even if I'm watching a cartoon. When I don't care, I really don't care. If I'm angry I cry. If I'm sad I cry a lot more.
This is the reason I choose my friends. I put all my emotion into cultivating my friendships that there isn't enough energy to put into friendships with people that do not have a significant purpose in my life. That doesn't mean I dislike like anyone because there are few people that I truly dislike. But there is a switch on those that I do not call friends. It is easy for me to flip on and off.
For my friends, and I will be honest, I don't have many. My heart and soul will go into that friendship.
There has been a lot of emotion for me these last few weeks. All of them extreme. I don't know how to put my emotions in check and I really don't think I need to. I like being able to express myself even if it might be cold and heartless or a weeping mess. I do know that just because I am a cryer, that doesn't mean I am not strong. My strength is much more than one could imagine and...
I will survive.
I agree... and your extreme emotions is why I think we get along. You and I are so different in so many ways, but the way we feel about life, those closest to us and how we express it is what we have in common. You have survived already my Friend.
ReplyDelete