Throughout my life there was a relentless need to write, draw, and to take pictures. I wrote in journals and school reports came pretty easy for me. If I had camera, didn't matter if it was a disposable or old 35 mm, I saw things through the lens that was very artful. I remember the first time I drew something. I was 10, stuck in a hospital bed, and the nurses gave me paper and color pencils to draw with. So I sat up and drew a dragon. I don't know where it came from or how I did it, but I did it and it amazed me that something was produced by my hands. So I decided to keep drawing using whatever I had and learning to use different materials. My high school art teacher probably hated me but I learned a lot about art mediums and the different kind of art produced from each medium.
Over the years, my arts improved. I take better pictures, have a more creative way of looking at the scene. I write more creatively but the one thing I can say that I am still consistent in is drawing/painting. How does one excel in this area? By doing more of it.
SO I am. I'm making new paintings, creating new arts, writing more, and taking pictures any chance I get. Excelling in all areas I can, keeping busy with what I've always loved to do.
Hopefully, one day someone will like my art enough to call me an artist.
For now here are some pictures and some music suggestions!
No comments:
Post a Comment